From the publisher . . .
“When a little boy runs in a panic from a haircut, a bird sees to it that his luxuriously follicated head is put to good use and drops a single seed right on top. Time passes, and wait…could it be? Something grows. A leaf! Instead of trying to rid himself of his new living hairstyle, the boy learns how to make the leaf grow, and, in turn, winds up growing a lot himself.”
Leaf Activity 1
- Use watercolour pencils to colour in the picture of the boy from “Leaf”
- Cut some leaves from green paper and have them grow out of his very, messy hair.
Leaf Activity 2
- Ask a friend to use the Camera app on your iPad to take a photo of you.
- Open a new picture in the Drawing Pad app. ($2.49)
- Add your photo as a stamp
- Resize it and move it around until you are happy with its position
- Stamp your phot in place so that it doesn’t move
- Use the white paintbrush to white out all of the background
- Use the drawing tools to paint yourself some messy hair
- Draw some leaves growing out of your hair.